1. Make sure you are using a professional shampoo/ conditioner product. I like Nioxen and Therapro, these are my go to products. If you don't want to use these, still use professional products for your hair type, and add a scalp stimulating product. Nioxen has a great scalp stimulating product. Please talk to your stylist they will point you in the right direction.
2. Support hair with proper nutrition and supplements. Biotin works wonders! Just saying! Flax seed oil works as well just talk to doc if you have medical conditions.
Here are a few things that can cause hair loss.
1.Stress: Example a move, major changes, new school, loss, etc.
2. Hormones: As women our hormones change. I have noticed a big change around 44 45 yrs in my own hair. The hair loss I noticed was all around head and, accentuated at the temple area and on top by forehead. I was so upset I was seeing scalp! So I took all the advice I was giving to my clients, and did it religiously each, and every day! Guess what?... I started seeing new growth just like my clients. So excited!
3. Medical conditions: If you have medical conditions this will definitely effect your hair. The clients I see that have noticed with the most thinning problems have had thyroid disease. I am not claiming anything just sharing what I have experienced behind the chair. That is the #1. Vitamin D deficiencies, and experienced that one first hand with a client. She was young and tired each time I saw her and her hair was thinning I could see scalp, it worried me. Shared with parent what I had noticed during last three visits, They took her in to doctor and she was vitamin D deficient! Hair loss and tiredness a main complaint. No claims just telling you what I learned behind the chair.
4. Diet: Diet effects your hair all around. You can google that one. Eat better your hair will do better.